The right part of the lab interface can be seen in the following figure:
- Display: shows the sensor which is set to detect radiation from a light source or from the heater element.
- Display: shows the power measured by the sensors in real time.
- "Choose a light source" control: choose the radiation source.
- "Choose a sensor" control: allows the user to select one of the three sensors connected to the system.
- The "Power of the light sources in percentage" pointer slide: gives the possibility to change the power of the light source.
- "Dimmer" indicator: displays the intensity variation of the light. This indicator is available for the light bulb and halogen lamp. A better understanding of how the dimmer works can be found by accessing the link Dimmer.
- Control box: the user is able to enter the position of the sensors.
- "Position of the measurement" pointer slide: change the distance between the sources and light bulb by moving the white indicator. The option which was chosen will be automatically displayed in the control box below.
- "Set position" button: has to be pressed and the system will execute the command given and will change the position to the required value.
For the experiment so called "Measurement History", the user interface was designed to measure the power distribution over time for more radiation sources. The parameters from a. to b. are specific for this experiment.
- "Wave" button: set and shows the wavelength of the sensor.
- "Log Config" button: set the number of the samples and the time.
- "Start Log" button: the system will start to take measurements which will be displayed on the graph from the left side of the interface.
- "Reset/Clear" button: clear the measurements from the graph and reset the initial condition.
- "Quit" button: stop the measurement process in case that this is needed. Otherwise the measurements action will finish when the system is measuring the number of samples which was chosen at the beginning.